Full Members Pricing Scheme 2023
Full membership fees
- Both recruitment and retention of members is needed if we are to develop our club the way we want to- in particular to improve the course, which is currently hampered by lack of funds.
- We therefore intend to offer discounted full member fees for new joiners and, subject to the success of that, reward loyalty of current full members, so that at the end of a three-year period all full members, both new and current, will pay full member fees of £899 (compared with £990 currently).
- We anticipate full member fees to progress as follows:
Full membership fees
2023: New members £799 Current members £990
2024: New members £850 Current members £950
2025: New members £899 Current members £899
- The fees for current full members in 2023 will be frozen at the current rate of £990 and if we recruit sufficient new full members in 2023, current member fees will reduce to £950 in 2024 and then to £899 in the following year.
- Over the same period, new members in 2023 will have their fees increased in successive years to £899 in 2025, to be reviewed annually.
- If we don’t attract sufficient new full members, the discount for current members will not be affordable and will not be applied. Likewise, if insufficient new full members join, then those that are recruited at the discount rate of £799 will pay the same as current full members in year 2.
- We estimate that a net gain of 25 new full members (i.e. new joiners minus any leavers) will be needed to trigger the discount for current members but that will be reviewed in the light of the general financial health of the club at the time.
- As a ‘thank you’ to any current member who brings in a new full member, £50 will be added to their bar card. This will not apply to current Birdie or Eagle members who convert to full members as they will not have been newly introduced as members.
- There is of course no guarantee that new members will stay for the full three years, even if we make it clear that that is the expectation. But to prevent people ‘gaming’ the system, individuals will only be classed as a new full member once (they can’t drop out then back in again at the discounted rates). Birdie or Eagle members who convert to full members WILL be treated as new full members and will be charged the discounted rates.
- These membership fees will be positively marketed under the banner of the club celebrating its 130th anniversary in 2023.
- These full membership fees will be publicised for the membership year starting in April 2023.
- Anyone wanting to join as a new full member in the period leading up to 1 April 2023 (the preferred annual renewal date) will be able to access the £799 rate early by paying a pro-rata uplift for the period up to April 2023. E.g. someone wanting to join in February 2023 will be charged £799 plus the equivalent of 2 months of the annual £799 rate (i.e. £799+£133). They can either pay the full amount (£932) at the point of joining or can pay £133 in February and then £799 on 1 April.
- All prospective new members will be invited for a discussion with the Marketing Team/Office staff. The purpose of the discussion is both to explain the scheme and its contingencies but also to ensure a prospective new member is not lost. So for example, if a pre-April 2023 enquirer will only join if they can pay £799 at the point of joining, with corresponding annual renewals at that date, this will be considered. It will be made clear to new members under the scheme that the subscription rates for years 2 and 3 are in no way guaranteed, as they are subject to the overall success of the scheme.